Wednesday, August 29, 2007

astounding example

i nanny for three children, all under the age of six. these little human beings are gradually being molded into adults, a process that takes years....many many years for some. they, whether i realize it or not, rely on me for practically everything. i'm there to take care of them and provide for them in many different ways. it hit me this morning. i've been their nanny for only 4 months...such a short time..yet in this short time...we have bonded. they have come to love and trust me. they are so innocent and sweet. every morning now, they wake up...at the buttcrack of dawn i might add....like usually by 7am and the girls always come cuddle on the couch with me. do you know how nice it is to be greeted by two little adorable girls that are thrilled to see me every morning? its an amazing feeling. anyway......these little people put all their trust in me. i cook for them, clean for them, take care of their battle wounds they get while playing around, i am emotional support when they need it. regardless of what i'm doing for them...they ALWAYS run to ME! (at least while they are in my care...away from mom and dad) they look forward to telling me all about the fun stuff they did the night before, or the trip they took down the stairs and how they got the nice greenish brown bruise they have on their shin, or how something is sooo exciting they can hardly contain themselves, they come when hurt or sad, they share just about anything with me (and let me tell ya, it can be sooo random...but the cutest thing ever), they argue with me, they laugh with me or at me, etc. botton line of all that rambing...they come to me for EVERYTHING! good, bad, happy, sad....you name it...its all of it. ok ok..so why am i saying all of this? its because today....they were such an example to me for some reason. we, as mature, adult Christians, are to run to Him for EVERYTHING! He is supposed to be that comforter and provider of all our needs. and yah, i know, i know....this is not an earth shattering blogging post...but it was a good reminder for me. sometimes..i know i run to friends or family or myself....thinking i or they can fix things. they can't. only He can. He needs to be my comforter and provider and friend. I need to be that childlike person that takes it all to Him. He tells us to be like children and well, thats the way i need to strive to be. He is there when we are lonely...all the time. He won't ever leave us, ever. isn't that cool? He is better than any friend we will ever have. anyway, thats what i pondered on today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home